|Scroll Shaped Invitation Cards|
These Scroll style Invitation card were made by my little girl[ who turned 8 on May 30th]...they are super simple to make but I know a lot of "non card makers" do drop by my blog ,so penning down a few steps on
How we made our DIY Scroll Invitation Cards
- We embossed white ivory card stock using a Provocraft “Invitation” embossing folder - My little girl has so much more muscle power now than when she made the Ocean Stationary Set.You can alternately print or hand write the words.
- My little girl herself claimed we had to "age" the paper !! We went to town distressing it away by randomly sponging with distress ink ...and to my amazement she didn't tire even after inking 15 cards! Use any brown ink you have and since the whole idea is to dirty it up little hands can have a blast!
- We rolled golden pattern paper into paper rolls ...this was quite tricky for her little hands so I made most of the paper rolls! [See another Paper roll Project]
- Nothing like a bit of gold for added glamour so we added Spellbinder die cut banners and tassels [Similar tassels also used on this Fancy Fold card]to make our scroll card
- I had these pretty golden crescents which were negatives of the swirl border memory box die used in the Paper Flower Romance card and my little girl loved them so much she patiently stuck numerous tiny golden crescents on to her Scroll card !! She claimed Queen Cleopatra's Card would be decked in gold!!
- We varied the banners slightly and added different golden peacock feathers to each scroll card as a final touch.
|Handmade Birthday Invitations|
Here is the Mummy we made as part of our Egyptian theme DIY crafty decor : Mummy and Me
Click here to see crafty stuff we did for her Rapunzel Theme Birthday party
Supplies: Paper:Ivory Card Stock,Golden Textured Pattern paper,Golden Metallic pattern paper [all from the local stationary shop],Dies:Spellbinder Jewel fantasies,Spellbinder Banner,Swirl Border memory box poppy stamps die,