1.9.14

Fairyland Tutorial

DIY Fairyland 1
Fairyland Tutorial
         Dear friends this DIY fairyland is the finale to my flower punch board project series [I have thoroughly enjoyed reviewing the flower punch board for Crafters Corner...Thank you Shalini!].
Can you guess the elements made with the flower punch board ? If you had read my earlier posts  I bet you could !
In case you missed them, here are the posts featuring the flower punch board :
Fairyland tutorial  4
Fairy tutorial 
The fairy home roofs, the fairy dresses and the fence around fairyland were all made with the flower punch board! 
         I built the fairyland on an old cardboard box [recycling!] and lined it with pattern paper which was stamped with flourishes and embossed in clear sparkle embossing powder.To further jazz up the fairy fantasy world , I sponged the pattern paper with dark green ink in patches and added bits of die cut grass all over fairyland.
Fairy Furniture 2
Fairyland Furniture
Made some mini fairy furniture using Spellbinders dies [ the bench is made with the Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25 and the little " teapoy" using the Spellbinders decorative labels 28]
Fairy Furniture 3
Fairyland Tutorial
The little teapots are cute bronze metal charms from Crafters Corner!

Fairy Dress tutorial 

Materials required
  1. Flower Punch Board - alternate is hand cutting but flower punch board makes it super easy as the pleats are all pre-scored and you can make a perfect skirt!
  2. Pattern Paper / Chart paper/ Card stock- you can doodle ,ink or emboss your paper to make super pretty fairy frocks!
  3. Little dolls - you can use different sized dolls even a Barbie! - just change the paper size and punch site accordingly [ eg XXS, XS,S etc on flower punch board] 
  4. Glue
Fairy tutorial 
       I had sprained my neck last week and my little girl helped to make this fairyland! Here you can see her using the flower punchboard to make the fairy dresses!We made dresses for these little dolls by punching out a 6 x 1 3/4 inch paper strip as you would for an XXS flower [ see detailed steps here : Easy Flower Making tutorial]
Fairy tutorial  4
Fairy tutorial 
Accordion fold the paper strip and wrap around the little doll's waist.Stick the edges of the last 2 flower petals together and optionally add bits of glue in between the pleats and your fairy dress is ready!
Fairy tutorial  2
Fairy tutorial 
       My daughter's current favourite color is blue and this little blue fairy was made by her. The fairy wings are butterflies stamped and heat embossed on parchment paper and my little girl had a go at parchment craft by embossing on the fairy wings [ See Basic Parchment Craft tutorial ]
Fairy House 3
Fairy tutorial 
This purple fairy has embossed and water-colored fairy wings. I made an arched doorway to fairyland using Spellbinders label 25 dies [same one used to make the fairy furniture] and hung dangling crystals on it. Added a tiny flower pot with magical handmade beaded flowers and silver glitter foam leaves!

Fairy Home tutorial

These fairy houses are super easy to make and by varying the paper strip size you can easily make houses in different sizes
Fairyland 3
Fairy House tutorial 
Make the roofs first 
The roofs for the fairy homes are made the same way like the fairy dresses but I used the next size on the flower punch board and punched out  a 9 x 2 1/4 inch paper strip [as for an XS size flower] . 
Once your paper strip is punched, fold and stick into a conical shape just like in the fairy dress tutorial  to get the fairy house roof. If you want you can add glue on the pleats or let it be for a tiled roof appearance. Add a crystal , bead or flower to close the small gap left at the center of the roof.
Fairy House 1
Fairy house
Make the walls:
         Make any size cylinders using corrugated paper or cardstock and hot glue to your flowery fairy home roofs![Tip : if are making cylinders for any 3 D project corrugated paper is your sure fire choice as its so easy to curve it!]
I wanted to give a  tree-house feel so added the houses atop wood colored corrugated paper discs placed on cylindrical "tree trunks" .
The purple roses on our tree houses are handmade foam roses [ tutorial link  :Foam rose tutorial ]
Fairyland tutorial  2
Fairy land
       Made a faux wooden sign board with roses and pearls twining around it and housing a magical bird nest! The diamond chain was salvaged from an old dress of mine![ you can see it in the Sunflower layout too]
Here are more ideas to jazz up your fairy houses
  • Emboss cardstock using woodgrain or tiles before you make them into cylindrical walls
  • Add lots of glitter
  • Add crystals, pearls and charms
  • Cut out windows and doors and add a tea light inside to light up your fairy house
  • Make your fairy homes into functional boxes by adding a base!

Fence tutorial 

Fairyland tutorial  1
Fairyland Tutorial
Fences are one of my favourite elements to use in creating dioramas [see Beaded Christmas tree diorama] and scenic cards. You could use a fence punch , fence dies or even handcut fences if you have the patience! I used a Marianne fence die around the pink butterfly fairy house and a Memory box fence around the purple house.
Fairy Furniture 1
Foam flowers
The limitation with regular fence punches and dies is that they come in one size only --with the flower punch board you can make any size fence customized for your project!
Flower punch board tutorial  1
Fairy land tutorial 
I punched a paper strip aligning at XS to make the fence for my fairyland. Then embossed the strip  in woodgrain texture [ using a Spellbinders folder] and inked the fence in patches.
Flower punch board tutorial  3
Fence tutorial 
You can use the paper strip as such or cut out individual picket fences like I did for my fairyland!
Fairy House 2
Foam flowers
       Here is the fence with grass and foam flowers with stamped and Heartfelt creations die cut leaves and in the background you can see a cute mini metal harp [ another charm] which I set on an embossed flower table for the little fairies to play!
Fairyland tutorial  3
Handmade Fairyland
The pink, purple and yellow daisy style flowers are all foam flowers made using the Cheery Lynn  Sunflower die [ tutorial link : Daisy tutorial ].Here are links to making some of the beaded flowers in our magical land: Beaded flower tutorial

Phew that was a super long post but I hope you enjoyed your journey through fairyland....do tell me how it is!

Supplies
Flower Making : Flower Punch Board[from Crafters Corner]
Embossing : Versamark Watermark , WOW Embossing Powders, Ranger Heat Gun
Stamps : Hero Arts   Butterfly Stamp, Heartfelt creations bold leaf stamp ,Inque Boutique Monarch
Dies: Cheery Lynn Butterfly,Cheery Lynn  Flourish leaf strip, Cheery Lynn  grass,Cheery Lynn  sunflower,Heartfelt creations leaf ,Memory Box rounded fence ,Memory Box fringe, Marianne Anja Leaves 3 ,Marianne fence, Sizzix BigZ Tim Holtz hanging Sign,Sizzix Butterfly , Spellbinders majestic Labels 25
Papers: DCWV ;Misc tools - Crop a dile Big Bite
Misc Embellishments : Charms [from Crafters Corner]

Edited : this project came top 3 in Crafters Cafe Punches and Dies theme

and was also top pick at Scrapbook Blessings club

And was chosen top 3 at Pile it on Challenge theme Punches
Photobucket

It was also a featured entry at A little red wagon  Girl Power theme challenge


83 comments:

  1. This is absolutely dreamy !!! Awesome Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very beautiful Sonia!! I enjoyed seeing it again... love every detail of it!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berina...so sweet of you to comment again-- you are a fantastic blogger pal

      Delete
  3. Hello sonia.....wonderful creation.....u've put so much effort even for the smallest things here....and it show up :) special mention to the bench and teapoy. I liked it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kalpana...yes I obsess about details and that is why I often take so long to complete a project. I actually wanted to add a ladder to the tree house but didn't have time and consoled myself saying the little fairies could fly to their abodes!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my! You have outdone yourself... this is indeed a fairyland to the sweetest and most beautiful fairytale! There are so many details (as always!) and each one is gorgeous. Thank you for whisking us away into this magical world! Exquisite, my friend! :o) Have a blessed day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen...so glad you had a magical experience!!

      Delete
  5. Lovely Fairy land and cutie fairies Dr Sonia....looking forward to see more creations with flower punch board..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Radhika-- you are so kind always ..and I think I will need a breather now...otherwise all my readers will run away if I keep bombarding them with more flower punch board projects!!

      Delete
  6. OMG ..I think I am truly short of words on how incredile this whole scene looks..You have done an amazing job here ..This whole garden with the fairy dresses is just magical and hats off to your creativity you have been showing us so many possibilties with this flower punch board ..Wow !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hussena...you always say the sweetest things!! And yes I think I have nearly exhausted my ideas with the flower punch board!!

      Delete
  7. I'm in fairy land Doc, this is just absolutely stunningly beautiful.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful. So much time and work must have gone into this. Your daughter must love this wonderful creation. The tutorials are brilliant and easy to follow. I'll just say it again, WOW! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debra we both had so much fun making it and actually since I was on a deadline for the DT post we worked super fast too!!

      Delete
  9. This is just magnificent Sonia...an absolute Fairy wonderland....stunning.I just want to shrink down and play with these beautiful Fairies and ride on the butterflies...gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha yes Chrissy I wish I could do that too!!

      Delete
  10. Wow, wathe a great project.
    It's absolutely awesom.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elly glad you liked our fairyland diorama

      Delete
  11. No one with more creativity than you could have been chosen to review the flower punch board. This is just outstanding. How your little girl must love having this fairyland. I'm sure she was glad to help you when you needed it. Hope your neck is on the mend.
    There is just too much to comment on..just know I love every inch of this creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda...my neck still acts up so not crafting much...so glad you liked my fairyland tutorial

      Delete
  12. Sonia, this is amazing. There are so many wonderful details I don't know where to begin commenting on this darling set? You should get a reward that says, "World's Most Fun Mother". I bet Prisha would agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a sweet thing to say Teresa...I am not the fun mom all the time Teresa...ha ha I turn into demon mom enough times!!

      Delete
  13. I know I was here earlier but I really wanted to come back to this beautiful fairyland and your lovely daughter helping...gosh Doc you see more second time around and what you have made with dies, it's amazing...you are one amazing crafter.xxx♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie...glad you liked our fairyland

      Delete
  14. Wow, Wow, wow.... you have really done it this time. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! You really should be designing for a magazine. You are one of the most creative crafters in the bloggy world.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nana...thrilled you like my fairy diorama

      Delete
  15. Oh wow! This is incredible! Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow!This is brilliant.I never really thought of buying the flower punch board since I couldn't think beyond making some simple flowers.You are a genius for using it in so many creative ways.I love all the creative uses of dies.The fact that you heat embossed the paper made me smile.Reminded me about your new fascination with embossing.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha yes Pallavi...the embossing fascination is not abating at all..the rate I am going I will finish all my embossing powders in a month!

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh, my jaw dropped open when I saw this!! I don't even have words to describe this, Sonia!! It is so beyond amazing!! I don't know how you come up with so many creative projects!! I love everything about this!! The bench made from a Spellbinders die - clever and fabulous!! I love all of the details!! It truly is spectacular!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would love the Spellbinders bench Lisa!!

      Delete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful!!! AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Blessings Club!
    -Brenda-
    -SBC DT-

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are sooo creative! I am totally in love with this creation of your Doc! Such a gorgeous and detailed fairyland.. I love every little detail here!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jaya...have I tempted you to get dies?!!

      Delete
  20. OMG!! This is amazing Sonia. I don't know where you get all you wonderful ideas from as you work so hard and have a family to take care of..Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loz...I get obsessed big time when I have a DT or guest DT project!!

      Delete
  21. You know I love your fairylands! So, book a ticket for me! Thank you and thanks to your daughter for this wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha you are always welcome into our fairyland!!

      Delete
  22. Oh dear Dr Sonia...wooooww wooowww wooowww this is amzing project and I think I should buy this flower punch board...I read it and see your tutorial its amazing that only with that Flower Punch Board you can make a dress and a fence I am spechless with your creativity...and your daughter is so cuteeee she must be so proud to play with your creativity...I wish you win on the challenges you are joining and hope one day I can visiting you and do crafting together...may I ask you where do you life in India, my Husband ever once time went there but I did not it was a busines trip...I love your project Dr. Sonia...big hugs from Germany, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monika you are so super sweet. I stay in Bangalore and you are always welcome to drop in if ever you are in India! My husband visited Germany last year but like you I stayed back home!!

      Delete
  23. WOW!! Very Creative, Fabulous, Fun, Amazing and so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    I felt like a little girl again......Precious!!! AMAZING job!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Migdalia...I think we never get too old for a bit of magic and fantasy!!

      Delete
  24. WOW absolutely beautiful what can I say all the details all made with the board what a creative imagination -my little grandaughters would absolutely love this creation a true Fairyland -thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow sonia..its sooo pretty. .you make me wish to live in one of these. .reminding of all the fairy tales from childhood and imagining myself in them..This is any childs dream come true! Love the little fairies with gorgeous paper dresses.. The tree houses and all the little beautiful things. .
    Do visit my space for the canvas that me and my little one made..I know m fishing for comments. .haha...but would love to know how you liked it..your comments mean a lot to me. .and I know you are damm busy creating. .blogging and managing everything. ..love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavina...Thank you so much ...I love visiting your blog but my dashboard doesn't behave well often and I miss posts!! Will catch you soon!

      Delete
  26. WOW!!! This is so beautiful and so detailed!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your daughter is as talented as you Sonia. Love this whole project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan...so good to have you visit after long

      Delete
  28. This is truly magical. So much amazing work and detail in this amazing display. Thank you for sharing it all. Thanks for joining out Girl Power challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. superb, love the detail and tutorial..super awesome! you did great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for always dropping in with kind words Khadija

      Delete
  30. Stunning Fairy land you have created and a lot of work you have put into it all! =)
    Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly dreams!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! This is truly amazing with so many details!! A stunning piece of creativity for sure! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMWord, what a fabulous, complex creation! I love all the beautiful parts you made to put into this! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is stunning!! I love everything about it!! The little fairies are so cute and the furniture is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy...glad you liked my fairies and fairy furniture

      Delete
  34. WOW, this is amazing, such details, super sweet! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous Creation Dr Sonia...Loved each and every detail...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dr. Sonia, you are amazing and our crafting community is fortunate to have you as a member. Your Fairyland Tutorial is featured on our FB page today. THANKS THANKS THANKS, for generously sharing your talent with us all! Stop by and say hello! www.facebook.com/avenue613

    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yet another masterpiece. Neat and mind blowing creation.

    Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic , amazing project, so much hard work and love gone into this... beautifully made.. WOW..Thank you for sharing with us at ArtbyMiran Challenge this time. Hugs Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous5/9/14

    Hi, A stunning project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Craft My Life this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness !! this is like a fairy tale :) so amazing, Love every little detail that went into creating this master piece !

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a stunning project!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you'll be back soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, Wow, Wow - what a fabulous creation! This is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is a fabulous project! What a massive project but with wonderful results. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats on your top pick over at Scrapbook Blessings Club. Please pick up your top 3 badge.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow!!! Awesome work!!! love all embelishments and wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is a fantastic project, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow Sonia this is quite the project!! It shows your love of the craft. I think it is fantastic and any little girl would love this. Your so very talented. I have saved the blog with the flowers on it so I can come back and go over each one. I have not seen the flower punch board but will certainly look for it now!!!! Can you tell me who makes it is it we are memory keepers? thanks
    Linda K.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments Linda-- yes the flower punch board is manufactured by We R memory keepers

      Delete
  48. OMG.. what a beautiful project.. Ma'am i have become you fan.. you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...