24.8.12

Blogger tips for crafters- 8 easy tricks

Blogger Tips for Crafters
Dear friends, since a craft blog is  just a hobby or a side business for 90% of us one of the things we would all like is to  blog with the minimum of time investment and yet reap rich rewards in terms of blog popularity [ translating to more followers, friends and business selling whatever craft or craft product you sell].Sharing a few tips and tricks I have learnt from blogging and my blogger friends to balance out the act!

1. Follow Button

We all wish to have followers and in turn follow blogs we like. But many a times you may have had to scroll all over a blog to find the follow button and at times new blogger’s even neglect to add one! Some bloggers sidebars have so many links that the most important “Follow me” button gets lost somewhere!!
Blogger tips
 Check on your blog the position of your follow/subscribe button and place it right at the top of your side bar or at the top of your blog – this makes it easy [and even tempting] for visitors to follow you!The pic shows how my friend Barbara proudly displays and invites her followers!

2. Following a blog? -Leave a calling card!

It is so thrilling to log in and see you have a new follower isn’t it? You would of course like to know who it is but Google friend connect doesn’t always give that information. So when you decide to follow a blog let the blogger know and leave a comment with a link to your blog. You will almost always get a thank you visit and they may even follow you too!

3.Comment

I love to comment on blogs I follow and always try to visit bloggers who comment on my blog. Who doesn’t love comments? We all blog to share and interact so the next time you see something you like, do let the blogger know and spread some love and cheer!
To productively use your time while commenting
  • Many comment forms have a “jump to comments”. If you click on it you can directly reach the comment form and you don’t have to scroll through the numerous earlier comments hence saving you quite a bit of time
  • Say No to word verification – many new blogs especially have word verification enabled on the comments. Its a big turn off and time stealer as it’s so difficult to decipher the double words and even more tedious to type it . 
    Blogger tips - comments
    If the blog you are visiting has word verification enabled by all means comment but let the blogger know and request they turn it off. Word verification does not prevent spam only comment moderation can prevent spam.
How to turn off word verification:Got to   Dashboard, click Settings--click Posts andComments--scroll down to "Show word verification ?" and click on "No".
  • Use keyboard aids or shortcuts software-my secret is a freeware called speed typing which helps me add favorite phrases [such as saw link on MIM], my name  and blog signature in my comments by typing just a few letters! 
[Since I use the same software in my ENT practice that is why you may see a "deviated nasal septum" creep into my comments at times!]

4.Respond to comments

Responding to comments is good blog etiquette!With the current blogger scenario there are 4 ways we can respond to comments
  • Email- if you have linked your blog to your email address each time a comment is left on your blog,you get an email. If you are someone who is comfortable emailing you can just “reply” to the blogger with a thank you note. 
The catch here is if the commenting blogger has not linked her email to her blog account [called “no reply blogger”] you will not be able to reply to her. I personally don’t like to email to comments as I’d rather enjoy a visit to the blog, see my blogger friend’s new creations and leave a comment.

Some wonderful bloggers make the reply emails so personal and witty that I actually look forward to the email reply to my comment!! [Ann of snap edit scrap is a maestro at email replies!]
  • Reply button-This is so easy to do as you can reply to the comment on your blog itself. It makes your whole comment section interactive and all your blogger friends can enjoy the conversation! 
The only drawback is that the blogger who commented may not be dropping back in to see if you replied!
This is especially great in a challenge blog where everyone can see the replies. Sunehra of Itsy bitsy does such a commendable example of this type of interaction at the Itsy Bitsy Challenge blog she hosts!
  • Blog return visit –This is in my opinion the ideal response! You can see the blogger‘s creativity [so much more appealing than an email screen!] and the blogger will be happy getting a comment on their blog!
I especially find it easy if the commenting blogger has left a link to the blog in the comment itself. I love the clickable signature which  Lisa of Mermaid crafts leaves in her comments.
I recently discovered that leaving signatures in comments is a controversial practice as it may be interpreted as spam--dont know how the craft blog community feels about it .Personally I feel its easier to visit the blog if a clickable link is there!What do you feel my friends?
  • Comment on their new blog post - Sometimes when 2 people follow each other’s blogs and you have developed such a good relationship with your blogger friend, no emails or replies are required….each comments on and supports the others new blog posts as a routine. 
I am so fortunate to have such a comfortable relation with many of my blog readers .When I see their post on the dashboard I pop by and comment and they in turn do the same!
Edited : The Itsy Bitsy Blog is currently not active

5.Flaunt your favorite posts

There must be a post or tutorial you are proud of…give it more visibility and life by adding a picture link on your sidebar.
Khadija of creative mind does this amazingly well.
You can also make a separate "page" on the top of your blog with photos and links to your popular posts

6.Label your blog posts

At the time of  writing a blog post or later, add relevant labels such as “ Card , Quilling” etc . 
Do add the labels widget on your sidebar too. This is such an easy thing to do but surprisingly many bloggers don’t bother! It just makes it easier for a visitor to explore your blog by clicking on a  topic of interest to them ! 
Caution: dont let your labels list grow too long [mine is too long and I  need to do some cutting and chopping] .A trick to avoid long labels list is to choose the labels you want displayed  by clicking select labels.
Blogger tips - labels

7. Re-size your photos

Though I had already written about resizing photos in blogger photo tips I am sharing once again the importance of this as I came to know recently that a couple of my  blogger friends  [who had been blogging since 2010/2011 only] had exhausted their free storage space at Picasa [the default image storage site for blogger]. Picasa provides only 1 Gb of storage for your photos and if you exceed that you have to pay for it!
Resize all the images to less than 800 pixels before uploading to blogger 
Once you log into to your picasa account scroll down right to the bottom of the page and you will see what % of your free storage you have used.
Blogger tips- picasa storage

The above pic shows the storage space I have used [Just 1.28%]despite the numerous photos I have shared in tutorial posts.To check how much storage you have in your google account click :Check your google picasa storage 

8.Simple SEO tactics -Good Blog Post title

For the newbie SEO or search engine optimization of a website helps search engines such as google index your website!
For a craft blog one of the simplest SEO tactic is to have good blog post titles. Your title need not sound witty it just needs to be something someone would search .
Check out this post by Dr Jaya which she has titled as "Flowers with square punch"! Hers is a relatively new blog but search "square punch flowers" on google and her blog turns up on the first page which is an achievement for a new blog! While you are at her blog do check out her other projects and especially her blog post titles which are so SEO friendly!Hers is one new blog which has the potential to become very popular!
For some simple SEO for your blog photos see Blog Post Photos tips
If you are interested in SEO there are lots of other complicated   stuff you can do  but maybe we crafters would rather spend time crafting than bother with such technicalities!

More blogger tips: do check out blogger tips for crafters by Kavitha and Simone

In addition to this 4 Must Do’s for new craft bloggers


  • If you are a new blogger you have to go out there interact and comment on blogs in your niche as otherwise you wont improve your blog visibility or grow your blog readership unless you are an SEO expert [which most of us aren’t!]!
  • Join craft challenges – you don’t have to create a masterpiece to submit for a challenge -the point is to have fun and learn! The best resource for craft challenges is Paper Playful. To help Indian crafters, I have created an Indian Craft Challenges page which I update with the current challenges.
  • Join linky parties-My favorite Papercrafters linky party is MIM and through MIM I have found so many blogger friends like Loz and gained so many followers too. If you can master the art of linking to Linky parties your craft blog readership will grow in leaps and bounds!
Edited: MIM has been discontinued!
  • Share good photos- No matter how beautiful your project is in reality if your photo is all blurry, grainy and dark, your readers just wont be able to appreciate the real beauty! You don’t need expensive cameras  to take good photos [though having a canon would maybe make editing unnecessary!] .To know what I mean head over to Erum's blog..her photos are stunning and some of them were taken with a mobile!!
For blogging photos tips: See Blog Post Photos tips
Do See this new post too: 10 Blogger Tricks to a better Blog

I hope this post will be useful to both newbies and experienced craft bloggers. Do share your tips too as we are all learning!

141 comments:

  1. Doc Sonia...mam...I am sooooo glad you that you think so ...I was going through this post and reading every bit of it...I was thinking how kind and nice of you to actually spare time from your busy schedule and help other fellow bloggers...while I was going through your info I suddenly came across my name!!! I was thrilled n so glad that you made a note of it...it means soooo much to me...thanks a lot:)
    Jaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Jaya it must been a pleasant surprise!! So nice to have another midnight blogger for company!

      Delete
    2. Yes definitely mam it was a surprise!! Midnight surprise!! I usually blog at night when there is no one to disturb and I can go through everyone daily updates...the information you have shared here is of great great help..and I loveee your blog:) ..it is sooo vast..soo many things so many tutorials!!! When I sit down to take a look on one tute..I see some other beautiful project of yours on the sidebar...and I click that...finish reading one thing and start another...there have been days when I have spent just goin through your blog the whole day...even before I was on blogger...!!! Thanks for sharing all your lovely work:)

      Delete
  2. I am very glad of being your follower, I have still not completed reading your post and was eager to comment you , really thanks for giving such an useful and nice post . Thanks for taking timeout of your busy schedule and writing so much information. I will definitely improve in each point. I need to change in the way of replying to comments, i never realised the point you told that they may not see your blog again for their reply. once again thanks.

    kavitha
    www.snapkavi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kavi but you are doing the right thing too .We cannot always visit blogs to comment or always email balancing it all out is the trick!

      Delete
  3. Great advice!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Audrey also Thank You for sharing about the storage issues you faced...made me sit up and write this post to warn other bloggers

      Delete
  4. wow..thats really useful..thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your tips are fabulous, Sonia!! I especially love the one about turning off word verification...that is a total time stealer. Plus, they keep making the capchas harder to read. Sometimes it takes me three or four times to get it right and at that point, I'm frustrated. And thank you so much for the shout-out!! I appreciate it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa I just give up at times as at the end of a tiring day one is not really bothered to peer at those crazy blurred letters!

      Delete
  6. Sonia what a fabulous idea for new and older bloggers just to give so relevant info love it I have never really got the hang of labels but may well give them another try very soon
    I am so sorry I haven't been in touch lately at lot of things going on here with my health and such ears are still the same although the new injections do ease the pain slightly but the noise sensitivity is still the same so I am going back to Mr irving next month to see what else can be done
    Anyway enough about me how are you and yours I do you are all well
    Take care and I will try not to leave it so long next time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad you dropped by after long Jacki-- my visit to you is long overdue too!

      Delete
  7. Sonia - so kind of you to compliment me like that. I really do try to reply to every comment knowing full well that the blogger I'm replying to may never see my reply but glad to know some are returning.
    Regarding clickable links - i think it's essential! I mean how annoying is it to cut and paste into your browser. Whatever the SPAM interpretations, I always check back to see if my comment appears and it always does so use HTML texts peeps! Its so easy! In line with this train of thought, here is my link: Haha
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sunehra I too feel its easier to click on the signature link and was undecided what to do so only sending out an audience response feeler in this post. Lets both see what the other readers have to say!

      Delete
  8. thanks for sharing. great tutorial. i haven't been here for awhile, i love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so glad you liked it and Thank You Dee

      Delete
  9. Hi

    Wow, what a fantastic post, so informative and well laid out.

    Thanks for the link back to MIM.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big MIM fan Michelle and so happy to do the shout out!

      Delete
  10. Wow Doc Sonia...what a beautiful post and very informative one too.Very thoughtful of you to come up with this one to help old and new bloggers alike.Amazing inputs and I see an extensive research gone into this.I am once again highly impressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Snehal I researched more for my benefit but later thought it would help a lot of us if I put it all into a post!

      Delete
  11. Excellent advice for new and experienced bloggers! Thank you Dr. Sonia! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got some really good tips here. I thank you for the mention and the kind words too.
    That word verification thing is one of my pet peeves. Those things are awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann I just moan when I see those things and the worst thing is the poor blogger wont even be aware its on in their blogs as its "on" by default!!

      Delete
  13. Hi Sonia,
    The article is good! And very useful! Planning to apply these tips in mine too....Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vidhya you blog is actually pretty SEO friendly! And am glad you find this post useful

      Delete
  14. Fantastic tips Sonia. Wish this was here when I started..Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loz wish I knew them too !! Ha HA!Still learning but not able to incorporate many of my own advice as time constraints and plain laziness gets in the way!

      Delete
  15. thanks for this!! most of this I already do but I learned it along the way and this would have been so helpful from the beginning:-)
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much dear ---yes we pick up these things as we go along! Some are easy to implement ,some such as joining linky parties I still find hard to do so I still link to just one or 2 linky parties. I know of so many successful bloggers who have mastered the art of linking to so many linky parties!

      Delete
  16. thats a very useful and lovely post dear. especially liked the tips on speed typing and google storage (just checked, i have used up 84%!!) thanks to you i can try to reduce it now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo... maybe you will have to delete from the picasa album. Resize the image and reupload-- hard work but better to do now than later!

      Delete
  17. Hi Sonia, thanks for sharing these tips... how do you find the time to do all this, I need tips on that. Lol.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica this post was written during a lull in my clinic time!

      Delete
  18. Discovered/remembered that I do not use Picasa. When I created my blog I found a way around Picasa and the messages I have been receiving about using up the storage space has been due to some blogger errors. I store my photos on a yahoo based site, yes they are reduced and the problem with blogger is not happening anymore.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is so good to know Melissa and glad to have you stop by I was wondering what happened to you as you are one of my special friends who drops by no matter what!!

      Delete
  19. Thanks for all the tips. If I wasn't already a friend and a follower I would be now Ha Ha-- Hugs,
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Diana you are making me smile!

      Delete
    2. Glad I could make you smile.

      DIANA L.
      http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

      Delete
  20. Thank you Sonia. It is very useful. This page will be very useful for all new bloggers. Thanks for taking time to write which i feel lazy to do.

    http://adhiraacreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha Ha we all go through lazy times blogging!!

      Delete
  21. We can never thank you enough for your lovely tutorials, elaborate posts, prompt replies and now this!! You are a real sweetheart! So glad to have met you through this blog world. These tips are indeed very helpful for all bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are such a darling for saying so!!

      Delete
  22. Thank you so much for this very interesting post. I will certainly come back and study it... lots of good tips. I also love all your flowers, so going to check all those out too. Warm wishes, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will of some help to u!

      Delete
  23. You are inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks doctor,sonia.you are great helper for every one in this craft world.your tutorials and now this awesome and helpful post will help each and every one a lot.i think every body should join you to get detailed knowledge of craftr world.i am very happy being your blogger friend ,help me lots,thanks again.
    megha

    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have such a supportive blogger friend like you Megha!!

      Delete
  26. Thank you alot for the awesome tips ~ I must have taken you alot of time to gather all of this and make this nice tutorial.It is really helpful for me as I have many things to change now. Thank you

    *hugs*
    M
    http://quilltiqueparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much dear yes I did spend some time on technical blogs to help deliver sensible tips!Just tweaked the tips to benefit us craft bloggers!

      Delete
  27. I am so glad Dr sonia that you did this post...When i started blogging believe me these were the very points i needed guidance on and it took me quite some time to understand all the workings of a blogger...you have done quite a bit of research and put up all these points so well...and actually i also have to thank you for one of your other post too...where you have shared the address of all the stationers or craft shops in various cities...i am from chennai but still i never knew so many shops you have listed there but this vacation i took time to check out a few and your address and phone numbers helped me a lot in locating them :) so a huge thanks for sharing all that you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good I am going to Chennai in Oct will want first hand experience guidance from you!

      Delete
  28. You know Sonia, you're the answer to the prayers of new bloggers, Moms getting headaches over kids' school projects, people struggling with ideas to beautify their houses in low budget............I could go on and on. Guardian angel, a humble bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done dear doctor :) your post is really a very useful post for all of us bloggers! I must be focusing more on your advices for a better blog :)
    Thanks a bunch for linking to my page as well..so sweet of you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khadija you are the pro at linky parties I have to try and figure out how you do it!!

      Delete
  30. Very Informative Post, Doc....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sathya--waiting to see your new creation--its been a long time!

      Delete
  31. Thank you Sonia for your help :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sonia, I found your link through the Inspire Me Fridays link party. Great post and very informative tips. Thanks, Being new at the blogging thing, I need all the tips I can get. You wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on how to get your link party button all in a roll would you?

    I am now following your lovely blog, and signed up for your newsletter so I won't miss any of your lovely projects and great tips. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Thank for sharing your great info.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Linda for being a new follower--loved your SEO article

      Delete
  33. Hi Sonia, I can't thank you enough for this post! I have learned so much from this post and I have been blogging over a year! lol , where you get the time to do this being a doctor , having a family I will never know!!!!!!!!!! You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi that is so kind of u. That is what I love most about blogging-- that our bloggy friends take time out to encourage each other!!

      Delete
  34. Oh I forgot to mention, you don't have to post this......... I am have a 200th follower giveaway on my blog! There will be 6 winners total! I would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Sonia,
    Thats soo kind of you to have researched & as well posted about it to help all of us here... I have been folllowing you & awaiting ur comments on my blogs & you never fail to drop in:) Hatts off to you!!
    Thanx for everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharada I try to support the blogs I follow and you are such a loyal supporter too!! Thank You dear for all your kind words!

      Delete
  36. Thank you so much for putting this information out.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for tips ! Recently added follow button and now re positioned it :) ! The challenge tip is true experiencing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good Pooja you are putting the tips into practise-- I am so happy!!

      Delete
  38. A very informative post with many valid points and tips that actually works! Thank you for taking time to share them :)
    xxNeelu

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very nice of you, Dr. Sonia, to leave all this information. I am sure it is going to be helpful to many.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful tips! All very true. Thanks for sharing over at While He Was Napping! Have a great weekend!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharinggg such a wonderful tipsssssss..Ur the bestttt

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for tips!Great information, its going to be helpful to all blogger's. Thank you!!

    http://www.kalanirmitee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried commenting on your blog yet again..the post comment button is not functioning!

      Delete
  43. great informative post sonia!..very helpful to all including me also..

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great tutorial for bloggers. Thanks bunches. Blessing hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks Dr. for sharing such nice tips about blogging...i specially like the info. about title..i always struggle while deciding the title..i am totally surprised that you notice so many things while reading bloggers post..i think i am really dumb in this regard..you help bloggers not only with your tutorials but also with such informative posts...great work !!
    like the new bg and title of your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  46. hey doc ..this was too good a read...and i have always been a fan of your projects ...specially recycling!!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! :) It was a joy to see your post and I was excited to come visit you as well :) I LOVED reading the tips here!! Going to make some changes too :) Changes I have been thinking about and now I'll go ahead and make LOL It is really nice to meet you and I'm a new follower so I will see you again soon! :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great information.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your article. As a matter of fact, I sent actual pictures of the word verification to the heads of Blogger. A lot of good it did. LOLOL Asked them why they fixed what wasn't broken and made it that way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He He how brave of your Shirley to take on "Blogger"!!

      Delete
  50. Very well composed post doc,i too use to post lot of tutorials n events n tips initially.some how i couldn't manage to do it these days,don't know whether i have become busy or too lazy,lolz.Thanks for the photo resizing tip,i am blogging for more than 3 years now n just checked my picassa,i have already used up 46%:(. May be bcoz of having multiple blog,even though i deleted some of the blogs,the pics where still there and even i tried deleting those pics,there was no change in the percentage..any tips?
    And thanks for linking to my post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kavi writing tutorials takes up a lot of time I agree!! About why the % didnt change-maybe the photos you deleted were small ones...when you have time scroll through the older albums and check for large photos...delete them and upload again at a smaller size. I recently did that in my picasa and was able to bring down my used space even more!

      Delete
  51. Absolutely brilliant post doc! What a fabulous read! Thanks for the shout out too, means the world to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for these amazing tips... i especially liked the one that says that put the link of your favourite posts on the side-bar... I might actually try it (though I am not sure if i have that much time :( but might do it one by one... what say?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes go about it at your own pace!!

      Delete
  53. Thank you so much for doing a post like this.It is so informative for new bloggers like me. Nice of you to take time out to help fellow bloggers. Lot of these tips I need to put into working. And Thank you for stopping by at my blog. :)

    akhilagona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Informative post...thanx a lot for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. It is nice to be your follower as we gain a lot of ideas and inspiration from you.This post is very useful for all of us.SO thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks for the useful tips for all of us aunty,
    I think i will DEFINITELY find these tips very useful as i am a begginger in the blogging world! :D

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello from Malaysia :) I just found your blog via blogging and here I am following you! Thank you for sharing your crafts and well, I haven't got the chance yet to explore your tutorial right now but I already love them. I thank you for sharing the blogging stuff {can't stop learning}! Would be glad to have your visit at my blog whenever you can and be my follower if you like. I'll come back again and see your creations!
    Hugs!
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank you for your greetings Sonia!! I will definitely try and follow all your wonderfull suggestion and be regular on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks for the tips. I have mentioned you in my post...http://crativebygene.blogspot.in/2012/08/40th-birthday-card.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Avni you made a beautiful card and I have updated my tutorial with a link to your wonderful creation:Book Shaped Card tutorial

      Delete
  60. Great tips and an even greater effort to put them down so brilliantly! I'm sure you've inspired many new bloggers, just like you've inspired me. Thanks a bunch!

    The Quilled Rainbow
    http://thequilledrainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  61. Doc... This is a great post.. I seem to forget whether I have commented on your posts or not so I comment again.. This is really helpful and so good of you to make such a detailed post for new bloggers...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khush have been missing your comments!Thank You so much dear!

      Delete
  62. Hii Dr.Sonia thnx for putting up such informative article..its really useful for new bloggers like me..it helped me a lot in starting my posts..just now i published 2 of them and would like u to see and waiting for ur comments n suggestions..will try to implement ur other tips(i couldnt try out all the tips at one go)as i get in to practice of blogging..Thanks once again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina you are doing the right things already..I just dropped by your blog and am now following you.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad to see u visit and comment on my post,glad that u liked..and its an honour to have u follow my blog..Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  63. This is a superb post! Thanks so much doc! The thing that you share so many things just to help others is very impressive and touching...this post reminds me of all your tutorials that you have posted to help others...very nice of you! :) and yes, I need to improve my blog a lot! This post is really very helpful..

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks Dr Sonia for your appreciation n valuable suggestions... they are being incorporated....

    I had alwayz been a big fan of yours


    and yes your suggestions are always welcoming

    http://aparnamagotra.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is gr8 compilation..
    read every bit of it and tried to follow up to some extent!

    Thanks doc...

    ReplyDelete
  66. Anonymous3/9/12

    Doc... totally inspired by your post today.. Very well said.. each and every bit.. Sometimes I think.. bloggers also need to be aware of blog etiquette.. Positive comments are nice.. but rude and sarcastic ones are so not required...

    anyway.. I thought I was always following you.. But guess not.. so am following you now.. :) and am always inspired by your enthusiasm...

    And thank you for linking into Colours Dekor... Hope you have a lovely week ahead..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Patricia about leaving nice comments. Especially in blogland if one cant say something nice better not to say it isnt it! I personally know about a new blogger who got so disheartened and stopped crafting because a more experienced blogger criticized her work badly on a public platform.Real life is tough as it is...blogland should stay a happy sweet place!

      Delete
  67. Great tips!!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  68. Great tips!! I think I will pin this so I can look back for reference!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi Dr,

    All ur works are amazing !!! feel like browsing your blog again and again :) keep up with new stuffs !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi Dr ,

    Your works are so amazing and you are a good blogger , I have been driven crazy to browse through your blog again and again, keep blogging with new stuffs Dr :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks for all the great tips! I don't know how you manage to keep up with the posts with your super busy life, but keep up the good work!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  72. This is the best post on this subject that I have ever read ...Thank you!


    Camera House

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi Sonia, this is one post I have referred to again and again to incorporate almost all your suggestions, I agree with George, this is the best post on this subject and invaluable for beginners. thank u dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suman..so glad you find it useful

      Delete
  74. Lovely post Sonia! I have had my blog for a while but got demotivated to update due to poor following. But a couple of weeks ago I promised myself to be active on blogging and make my blog popular. And just today I chanced upon your post following a link! Thank you for sharing such valuable tips. And you have a very inspiring blog! Hats off to you for finding time in spite of being a practicing surgeon and a mother!

    Hugs,
    Nupur, Thrilling Quilling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nupur. One of the best ways to make followers is to follow blogs you like and comment on them-- that way you will make wonderful friendships with crafty souls from around the world!!

      Delete
  75. Hello sonia mam!! I have just recently started my blog but i guess i started at the wrong time- just when my baby girl was born :) ive been doing little tittle crafty things here n there at home but last time we had a handicraft exhibition at our office, i won first place at regional level with a quilled sunflower wall hanger piece. And thats wat motivated me to actually put in the right efforts to bring out my ideas into reality and also share them with ppl around. And with crafters like you around, i really feel even i can do it despite office n baby n house chores..crafting feels so relaxing :) for now im in the phase of acquiring craft supplies but will definitely follow your tips :) and wat u said abt sharing your experience, even if internet is overloaded with the same content, there might be some crafter in the making who might feel it useful..i think thats the only line thts gonna keep my blog going :)
    Angela -thecraftyangels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela crafting is a good " me" time for a young mother and there will be weeks not just days when you wont be able to craft but its a lovely hobby and since you like quilling you could just maybe roll a few quilled petals and make a few flowers in the snatches of time you get to craft!! Am so glad you like my blog and find the tips useful

      Delete
  76. Hey sonia!! I know its a lil too late to comment but kudos to the efforts in motivating other crafters esp beginners like me :) would definitely try followinf your tips :)
    xoxo angela
    thecraftyangels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Angela I love comments as its what keeps me blogging so never too late to comment on any post.
      Do add a " follow with Bloglovin " button to your website as I find apart from email its difficult to follow your blog

      Delete
  77. Well im new to thia whole thing n maybe made a mistake by getting a domain for myself (too much engineering killing me :P) Im kinda still stuck with the whole process of shaping the blog than blogging :) will def check out the follow option you suggested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for the casual hobby crafter a blogger blog is much easier than a domain!

      Delete
  78. Hello Sonia,
    Im a newbie to blogger. Your tips are very useful and I'll definitely incorporate in my blog :) As Angela jose said am also more into shaping the blog than blogging :) I think all newcomers are same :)

    Kalpana
    kalpanaskraftykreations.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalpana you will learn the ropes in no time and if you run into any trouble drop me a line here on the blog and I will always try and help!

      Delete
  79. Thanks for sharing these cool tips Sonia, esp about naming blog posts......I get a lot of traffic on my blog because of this

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thanks a lot for the tips mam, we started quilling business and following your guidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Nice tips I really like your ideas and tutorial
    It helps me a lot and waiting for more new ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Sonia!!! Thank you for these great tips! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you so mutch for great advices, I have made some changes to my blog and I realy like them :)
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  84. Thanks a ton Sonia mam for for sharing these tips.. These are so useful for new bloggers like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hi Sonia....am a new blogger....these tips are really helpful....I did make some changes in my blog after reading your tips .......
    thank u so much for sharing .:)


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...