27.12.14

Pop Up Christmas Card

Pop Up Card
Pop Up Card
Hi friends, Thank you for dropping in. I am still in the Christmas mood so sharing yet another Pop Up Christmas Card.This one has lots and lots of Cheery Lynn  dies and features my favorite Cheery Lynn  window die [ here are more projects with the Cheery Lynn  window die : Fancy Fold Card, Pop Up Window Card, Window Frame Card]
Pop Up Card
Origami Christmas tree
I am so in love with the Cheery Lynn  Christmas light swag die and the origami tree is perfect for the little lights which I cut out with glitter foam
Glitter Foam
I love to work with dies which can cut foam without effort and all the Cheery Lynn  dies cut foam like butter! The  little red flowers were cut with the BAF- 3 embellishment die and I added tiny golden "bindis"[ we Indian women use bindis to adorn our foreheads!] on the flower centers
Glitter Foam
The olive branch die is another favorite of mine as it has 2 leafy branches which face different directions[ you can see another project with the Cheery Lynn  olive branch here : Altered Tin Can]
Pop Up Card
Pop up New Year Card
The lacy mat below the Christmas tree is a Poppy Stamps die cut and the New Year is a Memory box die .Love how glitter foam can give so much dimension and sparkle to any project!
How I made the Pop Up Card
Pop up Card tutorial 
Scored an 8 x 7 inch card on the 7 inch side at 0.5 , 1 and 6.5 inches to give gluing tabs of 0.5 inches on each side.Later on mountain fold at each score line.
Pop up Card tutorial 
Since I use a Big Shot whose comfortable card cutting width is 6 inches, I folded up the score line on one side as shown so that my card can easily pass through the Big Shot to cut the Cheery Lynn  window die.

Pop up Card tutorial 
After cutting out one window I cut out another widow. Use a low tacky tape to stick the die to the card so that it doesn't move around when you pass it through your die cutting machine.
Another tip : To effortlessly cut the Cheery Lynn  window die use the Cheery Lynn  metal plate adapter.

Pop up Card tutorial 
I used a folded A 4 card for the base of my pop up card.Glued the 0.5 inch tab to the center fold to fit the fold snugly.
Pop up Card tutorial 
Hand cut snow from felt and added a Sizzix die cut Glitter foam Santa sleigh and reindeer [ Also seen in Christmas diorama]
Pop up Card tutorial 
After decorating the base card under the pop up windows, folded over the card at the 1 inch score line, applied glue to the 0.5 inch glue tab .When the whole card is folded closed, the glue tab will stick to the correct position on the other side of the card[ it is a bit confusing in words...but sorry  I didnt click pics of that step!]
Pop up Card tutorial 
Added simple box type pop up mechanism to the window layer to add a 2nd pop up layer of lamp posts and an origami tree.
I die cut the Cheery Lynn  Colonial lamp post in golden and black glitter foam to make mirror lamp posts.
Pop Up Card
Origami Christmas tree
I hope you like my Pop Up Card though the pics are a bit gloomy [courtesy being clicked indoors at night which I always try to avoid!]Here is the link to the Paper tree tutorial : Easy Paper tree tutorial
Pop Up Card
Pop Up Card
I have used a lot of Cheery Lynn  dies in this car. Here is a link to :My Cheery Lynn  Die Projects on Pinterest
Supplies : DiesCheery Lynn  Dies used : Cheery Lynn  Christmas light swag,Cheery Lynn  Colonial lamp post, Cheery Lynn  Olive branches,Cheery Lynn   BAF3 embellishments,Cheery Lynn   Flourish Leaf strip, Cheery Lynn Window A ,
Spellbinders Borderabilities curved border 2, Sizzix Santa sleigh, Poppy Stamps Swirly Curl border, Memory Box snowflakes

52 comments:

  1. WOW...terrific pop up card! I love the way you've captured such a wonderful scene with all the lovely dies! Love the glitter on the dies too! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tutorial Sonia and I do love the placement of your windows. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Happy New Year, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your last tree card was beautiful but this is stunning! I love all the details. Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the sweetest holiday card--love the scene you constructed! Very creative! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and fun pop up card, Sonia. I love how you can see Santa and his sleigh through the window. Fabulous card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe the Santa die is a favorite Sandy...but I couldnt use it as much as I wanted to this year

      Delete
  6. Hi, Sonia! I so enjoy all your beautiful artwork - it's intricate and I feel like a child peering into every crevice of each project to see all the hidden details which bring such a beauty to your artwork. This is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for the directions to make one like it. I hope 2015 is very kind to all your family, friends and patients! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pop-up card Sonia. So much detail..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. A superb scene. I love th Christmas tree and lights. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs A the lights are my fav too

      Delete
  9. Wonderful card!! Christmas tree looks beautiful with those little lights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card. you always put so many wonderful details in everything you make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he Ann...if I had more time I would have packed it even more!!

      Delete
  11. Fabulous pop up card Sonia, I love the design and all the detail,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my pop up card Kevin. Thank you !

      Delete
  12. This is so awesome! I love how you used glitter foam for the Christmas lights! I love all of your details! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy. I love the ease with which glitter foam die cuts!

      Delete
  13. Great card! Love how you made the double window especially with Santa and the reindeer flying in the distance! Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I wish Santa would actually fly across my window!!

      Delete
  14. This is so beautiful.......love the way you use your dies Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanvi...I have a serious obsession with dies!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful pop-up card, Dr.Sonia. Love the way you have used the glitter foam to create your embellishments. Fabulous use of dies. i definitely need to invest in this window die. You showcase it so beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hussena...I love the window die!

      Delete
  16. Absolutely fabulous card! Love your use of die cuts and your wonderful card design, the Christmas tree looks so lovely. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra...yes I am in love with the Cheery Lynn Christmas lights swag die which I won from Cheery Lynn at their Challenge !

      Delete
  17. Super cute scene and lovely pop up card Dr Sonia..love the window die cut n scene behind it and lamps.. :) forgot to mention about the lights love those tiny foam lights around the tree.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Radhika...I have cut so many of those light lights and actually smile in glee when I deck up my paper Christmas tree with them

      Delete
  18. Anonymous28/12/14

    You do such beautiful things with foam. Love this beautiful pop-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie...I cant resist working with foam!

      Delete
  19. Absolutely fantastic, Sonia! Wonderful detail!!!
    Your tree is so pretty in front of you beautiful window!
    I made a couple of 3D cards recently (cut out on my Silhouette...not my design!) but thought of you when I made them! ;)

    Happy New Year!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your 3 D card was fantastic-- I am dying to work out a way to make it with dies!!

      Delete
  20. Beautiful tutorial. I like the idea, the colors and the details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pop-up Christmas card! I love all of the wonderful detail!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow ! I loved the shiny window scene ! lamposts inside the house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Sonia..love the windows and the scene with Santa behind and the tree looks gorgeous..
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year 2015..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super sweet. Such a wonderful scene you have created and you are always so generous to share your instructions.
    May 2015 hold many wonderful blessings for you and your family, Sonia.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful Winter Christmas scene!!! Wish you a Happy New year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow!! beautiful card!! lovely die cuts... amazing!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantastic project, a really lovely card and a great tutorial too.

    Best wishes for the new year!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, Sonia, this is amazing!! The tree looks so gorgeous!! I love the sparkle and details you've added!! This is stunning!! Your tutorial is perfect too!! So beautiful and inspirational as always!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I love this marvellous card! Just imagining someone who receives this card opening it and having a BIG smile on their face !! Truly a magical creation. I love the whole scenery you have created using so many details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I hope the person I am sending it to likes it! Nervous as its for a crafter friend!Just put it in an envelope right now!

      Delete
  30. Such a FABULOUS scene. I love the little lights. Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge with us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another beautiful project! Yuo are very creative, Dr Sonia!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...